FORTISBC REBATES: NATURAL GAS WATER HEATERS
REPLACE YOUR AGING WATER HEATER WITH A NATURAL GAS ENERGY STAR MODEL AND YOU COULD SAVE ON ENERGY COSTS, PLUS YOU COULD GET REBATES FROM $200 TO $1,000
- You must be a FortisBC natural gas residential customer.
- You must be replacing an existing water heater.
- Your application must be postmarked within 60 days of the purchase date.
*You can find a complete list of requirements under the terms and conditions.
What model's right for you?
Our resource guide can help.
Find a qualifying water heater
How to apply
- Purchase a qualifying water heater and have it installed by a Sebco Gas, who is licensed with Technical Safety BC. You can find Sebco Gas through their online directory.
- Complete the water heater rebate application and include a copy of the paid invoice showing details of all work performed, including the purchase date, make and model number, the installation permit number and Sebco Gas contractor’s Technical Safety BC licence number. See a sample invoice for water heaters for specific requirements.
- Email or mail your completed application and copies of supporting documents within 60 days of the installation date to:
ENERGY STAR Water Heater Program
PO Box 9090
Surrey, BC V3T 5W4
Note: if mailing, registered mail is recommended.
- Applications may take up to 90 days to process.
How can I tell if my water heater needs replacing
There is no repairing a leaky water heater. If you notice any of these signs it may be time to get a new one. You can purchase your water heater from Sebco Gas, a gas contractor licensed by Technical Safety BC.
- Leaking or Pooling Water on the top around the water connections and/or under or near the heater.
- Rust Stains on laundry or in showers or sinks may be evidence of rust buildup in the water heater.
- Rusty Water comes out of taps.
- Slow Hot Water Recovery Time- it takes longer to heat up water or the water doesn't get as hot even though heat settings haven't changed.
- Bubbling or Boiling Noises in your tank as water heats up.